How Distributed Marketing Boosts Local Sales
Hospitality Case Study
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the largest hotel companies in the world, faced the challenge of providing its locations with relevant materials specific to their properties and regions without compromising brand integrity, compliance or visibility over the communication’s effectiveness.
General Managers (GMs) or Directors of Sales (DOSs) of hotel locations rarely had the time or expertise to execute marketing campaigns. Those who weren’t satisfied with the one-to-many collateral provided by corporate marketing often created their own materials to promote their specific property. This issue, combined with limited and scattered analytics from a large network of brands and locations, have made marketing inefficient and ineffective.
The FISION team worked with IHG to develop a localized marketing strategy that empowered each location to create its own customized materials with property specific imagery and messaging in a brand and legally compliant environment.
IHG launched the FISION platform which allowed them to:
- Empowered location GMs and DOSs to send timely, relevant and personalized multi-channel communications to prospects and customers
- Organized and stored more than 1,400 marketing assets in a centralized location
- Provided access to assets based on individual user permissions that are location and role specific
- Marketing campaign analytics for every single marketing asset used
- Boost to net-new business with local targets and strengthened regional relationships
- Campaign specific analytics to prove effectiveness of efforts
- Insight from marketing data helped establish best practices for campaigns company wide
- Praise from GMs and DOSs on an empowering new tool